With Thanksgiving fast approaching, it’s time to start taking stock of all of the things you’re grateful for. And if you live in a natural gas home, odds are you started counting your blessings the moment your first (significantly lower) monthly utility bill arrived.
But the benefits don’t end there, the following are five of the top reasons homeowners who choose natural gas are thankful for making the switch.
- Reduced environmental impact. A natural gas home emits nearly half the carbon that non-gas homes do, providing an easy way to reduce your impact on the environment without sacrificing comfort.
- Lower monthly utility bills. Natural gas appliances are almost always less expensive to use than their electric counterparts. Lower bills every month means more money stays in your pocket, making natural gas the financially responsible option.
- A superior cooking experience. Given the opportunity to cook on a natural gas range, many home cooks say they can’t imagine making the switch back to electric. The responsive nature of natural gas flames allows for instant temperature changes. And because modern gas stoves utilize electric starters instead of pilot lights, natural gas is just as safe as the electric alternative.
- Added reliability. Even if summer storms knock your power out, you will still be able to cook and enjoy hot showers. And, because natural gas lines are underground, they are not nearly as vulnerable to the same damage and interruptions as power lines.
- Big appliance rebates. Homeowners are eligible for significant money-saving natural gas rebates when purchasing natural gas appliances for the home, including natural gas furnaces, dryers, water heaters and stoves/ranges. Plus, natural gas appliances are as cost-effective to install as they are to use!
Ready to Bring Natural Gas to Your Home?
If you want to add natural gas to the list of things you’re grateful for this holiday season, give our energy experts a call at 888.765.4601, or simply fill out this form.